Monday, September 17, 2007

Dancing in the Streets

Elegance in motion


On Saturday, September 15 I went out to take some photographs of a group of young dancers, who were dancing at the opening of a new Mall at 88th and 200th Street in Langley, BC. Their teacher, a young Fine Arts graduate from Simon Fraser's top ranked ballet program, is the daughter of my dear first cousin Cinda Herndl, who was a professional dancer from a very young age, a trouper with the Royal Winnipeg ballet and various Jazz companies in Montreal and New York city. Krystal Kohen, Cinda's elder daughter is the teacher and artistic director of the troop performing in Langley. Cindy's younger daughter, Natalie Kohen, is the star dancer of the troop, now in her high school graduating year. As I was shooting the pics, I was delighting in the enthusiasm and sheer vigor of these young dancers. Ranging in ages from puberty to high school seniors, they show poise and immensurable dedication to their art. My second cousin Krystal, can only be proud of their performance and their dedication. I am delighted to be asked to take the photographs, and provide them with a video of the event.

No comments: